Manager, Automation and Reporting
Title: Manager, Automation & Reporting
Reports to: Director, Solutions
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Trusted data is at the core of the Dow Jones brand.
Join our skilled researchers and analysts in the Data Strategy team who research, create, analyze, license, build, monitor, manage, enrich, curate and quality assure the information that powers our offerings, including The Wall Street Journal, Risk and Compliance and Factiva. Our hubs around the globe allow for a 24-hour, follow-the-sun model that connects our expertise to the region. Representing over 50 nationalities and covering more than 60 languages, our subject matter experts combine automated solutions with human intelligence.
The Dow Jones Data Strategy team delivers trusted and valuable intelligence to the world's leading companies and influential leaders empowering them to make timely decisions, identify business opportunities and manage risks.
The Manager, Automation & Reporting is autonomous, yet a great team player who places team goals and the development of the team ahead of his/her own goals. The successful candidate must be able to navigate in a complex matrix and synthesize complex ideas into simple outlines and ably communicates with team members, peers, and management of all levels. Proven success in engineering customized solutions improving business processes and operations is integral to be successful in this role.
The manager is expected to have strong database skills in a SQL server environment and excels at developing analysis solutions, data transformations, re-engineering and implementing automation around existing workflows and reports. They must be expert at understanding requirements, mapping those requirements to a work plan, delivering timely insight, and iterating requests quickly. S/he must be quick to learn, a very strong communicator, and comfortable multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
Experience managing teams and developing and implementing best practice procedures are highly advantageous. The role reports to the Director, Solutions.
- Understand the process of developing and implementing reporting and data solutions
- Review workflows with an eye to improving process quality and providing system automation recommendations and strategies to manage solutions and data efficiently
- Look to provide workflow integration/ automation opportunities across the Data Strategy teams
- Organize efficient workflows within the Automation & Reporting team
- Effectively manage the distribution of workload based on team availability and skill sets
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and team's customers, as well as his/her peers in the Automation & Reporting team to watch out for areas of overlap and collaboration opportunities
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the Solutions department
- Assist in the development and refinement of research methodologies, quality-assurance, and all other processes
- Reach out to other relevant groups in Data Strategy and Dow Jones to share research and analysis best practices and advice
- Continue to acquire a deeper level of understanding of markets and customers, and act to produce higher-quality analysis
- Project management experience (Traditional and Agile)
- Must be able to clearly relay assignments and provide detailed feedback to project team members
- Ability to take ownership of and work independently to manage projects through to completion
- Detail-orientation, thoroughness, reliability, and ability to prioritize required.
- Supports and embraces change, challenges status quo
- Analytical thinking, abstract reasoning, creative problem-solving, independent decision-making are a must
- Advanced Excel Knowledge including Macros, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, Formulas (arrays, lookups, logical, reference, and text functions).
- Familiarity with server-side technology powering the enterprise (PHP/Ruby/Python/.NET + respective languages)
- SQL Back-End Programming
- Advanced Microsoft Access
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (macros, modules, VBA)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous people management experience highly advantageous.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13615
Back to top