Manager Ad Ops QA and Project
The Wall Street Journal Digital Network is looking for an energetic, digitally savvy and highly skilled Ad Ops Project Manager to join our Tech Project Management team. Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager, this role will assist in the development of all organizational processes, pricing and products to support an expanding global Ad Operations team. The candidate should have exceptional communication and organizational skills and a working knowledge of digital media, online advertising products and online marketing.
The Ad Ops Project Manager will be responsible for handling the executions of custom branded campaigns for advertisers across all of our digital properties (including mobile, tablet and emerging technology platforms). We produce a wide range of branded ad creative including, but not limited to:, custom rich media ads, mobile and iPad / tablet ads and video landing pages.
This is a high-profile role which requires exceptional professional presence and poise, and an exemplary work ethic.
Interested candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of project management and/or client services/account management experience and be able to work with our internal design and production teams to execute multiple campaigns in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters who are ready to hit the ground running. He/she must have a deep understanding of digital, mobile and (preferably) ipad/tablet ad capabilities.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day operations and communications w/ client and internal departments to ensure sales and marketing elements are in spec and launch on schedule
- Act as a liaison between several cooperative internal groups such as design, campaign management, product marketing, product development, and editorial by coordinating approvals, testing, and implementation for post sale custom advertising campaigns
- Develop and maintain project schedules, brand assets and 3 rd party resources
- Manage 3 rd party vendor relationships
- Enhance internal marketing solutions by working with product marketing to promote the WSJDN brand and improve ad unit performance
- Digital media experience a must
- Professional communication and presence with both external clients and internal departments
- Knowledge of online display ads, ad serving and reporting
- Superior organizational and leadership skills with ability to help team grow and thrive
- A sense of urgency/ initiative and the competency and confidence to jump right in
- Attention for detail & deadline driven
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic team player, willing to “roll up your sleeves” to help team achieve goals
- Familiarity with Project Management tools (i.e. BaseCamp) a plus
- Candidate should be able to explain their process for planning/ scheduling, and have experience delegating and supervising the work of others to ensure deadlines are met
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28862
Job Locations USA – CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Job Function Project/Program Management
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top