Manager - Ad Data Platform
- New York, NY
Dow Jones publishes The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch and other thought-leadership publications to inform the ambitious individuals transforming our world.
Dow Jones is also leading its own transformation of the media business by investing in industry-first audience and advertising analytics technologies that combine its unique data, affluent audiences and scaled tech platforms with machine learning algorithms to deliver new insights and revenue products. The DJ Ad Analytics team is focused on driving revenue growth by delivering unique insights to advertisers for every ad campaign and creating distinct, affluent audience segments that achieve our advertisers' goals.
The DJ Ad Analytics team is looking for innovative thinkers who want to explore new technologies in the automation space. Team members are effective communicators and thrive on cross-team collaborations to build great products that deliver big business impacts at global scale that are highly visible at the firm.
The Manager of Ad Data will be a team lead within the Data Engineering group reporting into the SVP of Customer Data. This role will be pivotal to developing the data strategy and infrastructure of the Advertising Data Platform and partnering with the AdTech team to support products on their roadmap.
- Bachelor's degree (business or technical major preferred)
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around data engineering, building data warehouses, data marts, and data pipelines
- General knowledge of the digital advertising business
- 3+ yrs experience developing and managing multi-stage projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), adaptability and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of business intelligence/visualization tools a must (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and managing global engineering teams
- Experience working with offshore resources a major plus
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Experience with data analytics systems (relational databases, APIs, query engines)
- Experience with big data architectures, data pipelines, cloud services, and related technologies (Hadoop, AWS, GCP, Spark, NoSQL)
- Python coding or similar a must
-- Experience with Python or similar programming languages
- Experience running agile projects
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - DATA SET/AD TECH
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21710
Back to top