- Chevy Chase, MD
Position Overview: The primary role of the Maintenance Machinist - provide competent and effective mechanic maintenance support to Plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Maintenance Machinist must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in production equipment. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical systems.
Function Specific Activities:
The Maintenance Machinist is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical systems and is sought out to support troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and night production support.
- 5 yr. experience in an industrial maintenance position
- Background in maintenance and repair of production equipment.
- Experience with printing presses or printing operations helpful
- Ability to operate machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, and drill presses.
- Ability to weld, solder, burn, is a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and measuring tools.
- Ability to work safely around production machines including conveyors and packaging machines.
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Able to communicate across departments with other technicians and operators.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions during production with minimal downtime.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and parts drawings in order to make repairs, replace defective parts, and otherwise maintain equipment in working condition.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Production Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21542
Back to top