- The Luxury Editor will be responsible for managing DJMG's journalism aimed at providing advice and insight to high net worth individuals, including on financial and luxury lifestyle topics, including Penta.
- The editor will grow Penta's online presence including developing a comprehensive strategy for mobile, newsletters and other digital platforms.
- He or she will also manage all aspects of production for the quarterly Penta print magazine, including filing copy, editing, artwork, layout and all other aspects of production.
- The Editor will also build a live-events program that is editorially sound and commercially viable, covering topics related to luxury lifestyle and financial advice for HNWIs.
- He or she will manage and motivate an assistant editor and reporter and work closely with other DJMG editors and reporters. He or she will also work with a network of freelance reporters as needed.
- He or she will be primarily responsible for hitting targets for online readership, including page views, unique visits, and social sharing. He or she will also be responsible for scheduling daily coverage online, including graphics, art and stories.
- He or she will edit copy, ensuring stories, images and graphics are factually accurate and error free.
- He or she will seek submissions from other DJMG colleagues
- He or she will work alongside the Mansion Global editor to liaise with internal and external partners as appropriate. He or she will engage with tv, radio and social media to promote penta's coverage and to reach a broad audience as appropriate.
- Experience writing/editing stories about luxury lifestyle and/or financial services is a must. Experience managing small teams and running production of a major publication is also useful.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30345
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top