Lead Software Engineer, Search Services
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Estimate level of effort for software development projects.
- Develop detailed designs for software components.
- Write computer code to implement designs.
- Perform unit, regression and performance tests.
- Document requirements, designs and test suites.
- Review the computer code written by other team members.
- Participate in meetings to describe project progress and obstacles.
- Maintain, diagnose and remedy defects in software components.
- Strong Java programming (CoreJava) competency (5 years+)
- Skilled with Linux/Unix (5 years+)
- Familiarity with modern software construction technologies (e.g., Git, AWS, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience in Web Services design and implementation; good understanding of REST standards
- Good understanding of XML, Xquery, JSON and database technologies
- Experience in building and deploying micro-services, a plus
- Experience with document-oriented databases a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Deep understanding of test-driven development, regression test suites, unit tests, smoke tests
- Good analytical and both verbal and written communication skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16807
Back to top