Lead Software Engineer, Screening and Searching Services
The qualified candidate will be responsible for leading the complete technical solution for services that allow users to search structured and unstructured information. This includes requirements analysis, establishing a supporting architecture and design, interface definition, data modeling, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Strong Java programming (CoreJava) skills (5 years+)
- Experience in Linux/Unix (5 years+)
- Experience with modern software construction technologies (e.g., AWS, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, New Relic, OpsGenie, etc.)
- Experience in Web Services design and implementation; Good understanding of REST standards
- Experience in building and deploying micro-services a plus
- Experience in NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of XML, Xquery, JSON and database technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Deep understanding of test-driven development, regression test suites, unit tests, smoke tests
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal, written communication skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Back to top