Lead Architect, Metadata Services
Lead Architect, Metadata Services
Dow Jones is looking to hire a lead developer to maintain and enhance the Professional Information Business (PIB) line’s Metadata Platform and to mentor and support the software developers. The Metadata Platform drives the accuracy of the navigation and search results of our product line by not only identifying entities but disambiguating common names and generating relevance rankings. The PIB archive consists of over 1 billion articles in 28 languages and adds about 2 million documents per day. The platform supporting this area must be operational 24×7×365 and must be highly performant. As a lead on this team, you will be part of an Agile Scrum team with members from North America and Bulgaria, participate as Scrum Master at times and help broaden and update our technology stack. You will ensure the developers team is working efficiently and understand the context of their work and that they have the skills and tools needed to support our products. The Metadata Platform takes advantage of cloud computing and linguistic processing and you will have the opportunity to master these types of technologies.
- 7 years of software/system development/system architecture
- Excellent written and oral English communications
- Design complex, high performance solutions as needed
- Agile/Scrum experience including Scrum Master skills
- Cloud Computing awareness – preferably AWS experience
- Extensive programming experience in Java / C++ / Python
- Familiarity with Ruby / Chef
- Git / GitHub
- Code Review experience
- Lead mid-level developers (at least 3 years experience)
- Test-driven Development experience
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience
- Familiar with operational considerations of 24×7 High Performance systems
- Can interface with business partners at all levels
- Linux OS expertise (at least 5 years)
- JAXB experience a plus
- XML Schema
- Linguistics technology experience a plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits to be discussed upon interview
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28521
Job Locations BGR – SOFIA
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top