Junior New Business Sales Rep
Fn delivers unmatched insight and coverage of the issues that are most important to professionals in the financial services industry. Having transformed the product, both online and in print, in 2017, our subscribers not only benefit from a first class source of news, but also a complimentary calendar of events, including awards dinners, breakfast briefings and networking sessions.
FN is a premium publication within the wider Dow Jones Media Group - a network of respected brands that cover the depth, quality and breadth of today's global wealth interests
Overview of Role:
You will be a hybrid Relationship/new business Manager with a large existing global client base. You will be directly responsible for renewing high value subscriptions with a book of business worth over £1 Million, and also identifying and capitalising on new revenue opportunities in your existing/defined field to meet and exceed your revenue goals
Your clients will range from small firms to large corporates who have a vested interest in the Financial Services sector.
As an advocate for Financial News you will build strong internal networks with commercial, marketing and editorial colleagues and maintain a close understanding of our editorial output and its relevance to your prospects.
You will need to be highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Renewing current subscriptions with clients aiming for maximum retention
- Managing & growing pipeline through active prospecting
- Managing end to end sales cycle from lead generation through customer relationship management and closing
- New business development to include incremental revenue and new business accounts.
- Prioritising opportunities, ensuring maximum customer-facing time is achieved.
- Effectively working alongside other stakeholder departments to ensure an integrated approach to customer care and that market needs are being met
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of fnlondon, and be able to demonstrate them fully.
- Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
- Some International travel will be required
Specialist Knowledge / Skills Required
- Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment, with experience of working in B2B and in an account management or sales role.
- Background in a publishing or an online solutions environment preferred, with strong negotiation skills necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excelling client relationships.
- 1+ years' experience working in similar sales or account management position
- Business and Financial Services knowledge (buyside preferred but not essential)
- Interpersonal effectiveness and communication
- Delivery driven and impact on business results
Salary - up to £30,000 base + OTE
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCIAL NEWS
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top