Junior Data Scientist
We are looking for a junior data scientist to join The Wall Street Journal's membership analytics team. In this role, you will focus on the design, execution, and analysis of experiments that improve of our products and grow our subscription business. In collaboration with our optimization team, you will build strategies for personalizing our products. This includes segmenting A/B test results and developing new methods for testing and implementing personalization algorithms.
This role will require robust data wrangling skills and excellent communication-as well as an obsession with great news products. Some background in machine learning applications, big data architecture, and product analytics is a plus.
What you'll do:
- Analyze results of WSJ's ongoing A/B testing efforts.
- Source, query, and clean data required for larger scale data science projects.
- Experiment with using techniques like machine learning to power personalization in our products.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline. Applicants with some data-related expertise and a professional background in media are also encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 years professional experience at a media company is preferred. An enthusiasm for The Wall Street Journal and an understanding of the product is a must.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude toward work and sweat the details, as well as a healthy skepticism of the status quo.
- You have experience using analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Excel) and an interest in more advanced topics in analytics (artificial intelligence, data engineering).
- You have worked with visualization and machine learning libraries in either R or Python.
- Experience in building web applications and agile development is a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ - CUSTOMER GROUP
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 14056
Back to top