We are looking for an intellectual property paralegal with prior IP experience to work with a busy
corporate legal department in the New York, NY or Princeton, NJ, area. The paralegal will help manage
global trademark, copyright, patent, and domain name portfolios, which includes prosecution,
enforcement and litigation.
- 5+ years of intellectual property paralegal experience, including in trademark prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement. This includes both US and foreign trademark experience.
- Ability to conduct in-house trademark clearance, review trademark searches, and use the Saegis database
- Knowledge of how to use USPTO's eTEAS system and other on-line database tools
- Experience with trademark docketing system, preferably WebTMS
- Knowledge of copyright registration procedures, including electronic filing requirements
- Basic patent docketing and maintenance abilities
- Maintain/update a database for trademarks, copyrights and domain names
- Correspond with clients and associates worldwide
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have either a BA or BS degree.
- Outside prior law firm experience preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: LEGAL
Job Category: Legal Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18460
Back to top