We are looking for an intellectual property paralegal with prior IP experience to work with a busy corporate legal department in the Princeton, NJ, area. The paralegal will help manage global trademark, copyright, patent, and domain name portfolios, which includes prosecution, enforcement and litigation.
- 5+ years of intellectual property paralegal experience, including in trademark prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement. This includes both US and foreign trademark experience
- Ability to conduct in-house trademark clearance, review trademark searches, and use the Saegis database
- Knowledge of how to use USPTO's eTEAS system and other on-line database tools
- Experience with trademark docketing system, preferably WebTMS
- Knowledge of copyright registration procedures
- Basic patent docketing and maintenance abilities
- Maintain/update a database for trademarks, copyrights and domain names
- Correspond with clients and associates worldwide
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have either a BA or BS
- Outside prior law firm experience preferred
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30306
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Legal
Business Area LEGAL
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top