- Participate in functional and technical design sessions with project team members and business users
- Translate business and functional requirements into data warehouse solutions
- Contribute to the detailed estimation of development work
- Contribute new ideas to improve the design and functionality of the data warehouse
- As part of the team provide production support for legacy data warehouse and associated ETL/BI processes using DataStage and Cognos on a rotational basis.
- Utilizing Python to read data from MySQL and other structured or unstructured data sources for loading into Amazon Redshift
- Must possess a solid background of 5+ years within Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Must have solid experience in with one of the following languages: C/C++, Java or Python
- Shell scripting and linux experience
- Very strong DW/BI skills
- 3+ years experience in ETL development using ETL any one of tools like Informatica, DataStage.
- 7+ years experience in two or more RDBMSs like SQL server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2.
- Ability to write complex SQL code
- Manage existing database schemas, change data models, implement data partitioning.
- Must have prior experience working with AWS platform with very large scale data warehouse based on terabytes of data in Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift
- Data modeling for enterprise data warehouse/data mart using tools like Erwin is a plus
- Willingness to provide after hours, weekend and holidays production support on a rotational basis.
- Experience with Subscription Management, Media and Publishing a plus.
- Experience supporting advertising specifically digital advertising a definite plus.
- Full BI/DW solution architecture experience
- Experience working on Application development teams is a plus.
- Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM methodology
- Experience in performance troubleshooting, SQL optimization, and benchmarking
- Strong dimensional data modeling experience
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment)
- Proven leadership and consultative skills
- Excellent problem investigation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28878
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top