Human Resources Executive
- Do you have a can-do attitude?
- Passionate about human resources and organizational growth?
- Motivated and able to multi-task in a global team environment?
Who are we?
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global provider of news and business information, we deliver content to consumers and organizations via newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, conferences, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and video. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with almost 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, including the Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva and DJX. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. Dow Jones publishes in 13 languages and distributes content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making.
What is the role?
HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
Reporting to the Director, People Business Partner, this role,based in Singapore, provides the opportunity to develop a professional human resources/people career at the corporate and regional level.
What are the key Accountabilities?
This is a regional role whereby you will assist to provide a full spectrum of human resources/People services for the assigned business units in the Asia-Pacific region. As a member of the global People team, your role is to assist on the People process, operations, and maintain the best practice of HR policies and systems to help attract, retain and mobilize high quality employees towards competitive advantage.
What are the key Responsibilities?
- Coordinate and oversee targeted recruitment efforts, and assist with the hiring process including background checks, and immigration.
- Conduct on-boarding and off-boarding programs and provide input to enhance experience of such programs from time to time.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates and deliverables of HR documentation and information to various systems/platforms.
- Assist in the management of HR tools and processes, ensuring consistency with market practice and compliance with employment laws.
- Assist HR leaders in coordination of L&D programs, implement solutions, and handle performance management and/or other employee relation matters.
- Assist on special projects, as required, including those related to the development and implementation of global HR policies, tools and practices.
- Provide HR administrative support as and when required.
What do we need from you?
- Degree in HR or related disciplines, with 2 to 3 years’ experience as a generalist.
- Sound knowledge on Singapore employment law, and familiarity of employment laws of other Asian countries is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in HR operations including HRIS and recruitment. Employee development planning and compensation & benefits would be an advantage.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and able to facilitate resolution of sensitive employee-related issues with discretion.
- Good IT and HR system skills. Experience in WorkDay, iCIMS and other global HR systems is preferable.
What do we offer?
This position offers the right person an exceptional opportunity to develop their human resources career within an international environment with one of the world’s largest and most successful business news and information services companies. Those of you who think that this could be your most exciting HR/People experience and know that you can make an immediate contribution to the success of Dow Jones in Asia-Pacific, we want to hear from you!
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, pleasesubmit in confidence a Cover Letter, and detailed resume stating your qualifications, current and expected salary to: HRESG28667 at https://internationalcareers-dowjones-newscorp.icims.com/jobs/28667/job
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28667
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Human Resources
Business Area HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Back to top