Human Resource Advisor
The HR Advisor will provide day to day administrative support to the HR Generalists (HRGs) and Business Unit Heads (BUH), in order to provide be an efficient first point of contact for the HR function at Dow Jones.
Point of Contact:
- You will be the HR point of contact for the BUH and HRG, providing regular updates and an effective communication
- Take ownership for accurate and up-to-date records management
- Manage the process for employees such as maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave including production of all related paperwork advising the employee on their benefits and entitlements, liaising with payroll and updating relevant systems and internal departments in relation to dates of leave.
Updating HR Systems:
- Manage the leaver process, updating relevant HR systems, production of leaver paperwork and carrying out face-to-face exit interviews
- Provide reports as and when requested by your line managers.
- Provide cover for the other HR Generalist in the team and provide support when necessary.
- Contribute towards HR projects and other team initiatives as and when requested.
- Exposure to working in a professional services environment highly desirable
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive and confidential issues
- Proactive approach
- IT Skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using a HRIS
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, communicate effectively at all levels and work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2016-29081
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function ..
Business Area HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top