Head of Marketing
- New York, NY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and
organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, and Dow Jones Newswires. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Professional Information Business (PIB) at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B products in order to be the power behind global businesses. We are a truly global business with a significant proportion of our customer base coming from outside the US. We provide information, data and analytics to help support and drive our customers key business decisions, and protect their organizations from risk. The PIB business is broken into three customer focused verticals to solve for user solutions: Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, and Risk & Compliance.
These business units are continually looking to develop innovative new products that will further serve our customer needs.
As the Head of Marketing for the Professional Information Business (PIB), you will report into the Chief Revenue Officer, and own global marketing, brand strategy and communication across all business lines of PIB - Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, and Risk & Compliance. Additionally, your scope will include working in close partnership with the P&L owners across PIB to drive PIB's customer and revenue goals.
- Build and execute the marketing strategy for Professional Information Business (PIB)
- Drive the strategy for key account expansion for global pipeline growth including communications across all business lines of PIB
- Orchestrate account-based marketing programs in partnership with sales teams to drive pipeline volume and velocity
- Measure and optimize the performance of all programs, campaigns, and channels to drive revenue growth and strategic value
- Coach and nurture a team of 20+ marketers to scale marketing execution
- Be at the forefront of marketing innovation and take advantage of emerging opportunities to ensure Dow Jones is leading the way
- Build performance marketing and analytics tools within an organization to drive decision-making, acting in service of sales and revenue teams
- Align brand messaging and content to target audiences and customer segments to drive our business objectives
- Cultivate relationships and lead strategic initiatives with data-informed decision making, consultation, effective communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 10+ years product marketing experience with a B2B company
- A proven track record of designing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that generate double or triple digit growth
- Strong leadership skills and experience hiring, coaching, and retaining amazing team members
- Experience marketing to large strategic accounts with multiple people in the buying cycle and decision makers in senior leadership roles
- Exceptional leadership ability, able to inspire and coach a large team
- Able to handle challenges and simplify them in order to resolve and grow
- Customer led with the ability to turn customer insights into creative output
- Highly commercial marketing ability
- Strategic mindset comfortable with complex conversations and giving constructive and thoughtful feedback in the moment in a multi-layered environment
- Experience managing third party creatives and agencies for the best work and ROI
- Excellent management of fast moving projects (the speed of news) with budget awareness
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: About Us
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 22884
Back to top