Head of Ad Data
The Dow Jones Ad Analytics team is looking for innovative thinkers who want to explore new technologies in the automation space. Team members are effective communicators and thrive on cross-team collaborations to build great products that deliver big business impacts at global scale that are highly visible at the firm.
Dow Jones is also leading its own transformation of the media business by investing in industry-first audience and advertising analytics technologies that combine its unique data, affluent audiences and scaled tech platforms with machine learning algorithms to deliver new insights and revenue products. The DJ Ad Analytics team is focused on driving revenue growth by delivering unique insights to advertisers for very ad campaign and creating distinct, affluent audience segments that achieve our advertisers' goals.
The DJ Ad Analytics team is looking for innovative thinkers who want to explore new technologies in the automation space. Team members are effective communicators and thrive on cross-team collaborations to build great products that deliver big business impacts at global scale that are highly visible at the firm.
The Director of Ad Data will be a team lead within the Customer Data group reporting into the SVP of Customer Data. This role will be pivotal to developing the data strategy and analytical environment for all B2B businesses with Advertising being first and foremost.
- Lead a team of Data Engineers in the build out of the Business-to-business infrastructure in the Customer Data Platform
- Maintain the support of the Production environment to ensure it highly available to the analytical resources mining it
- Prioritize new projects and development requests from the business community
- Construct an on-boarding and training process to imbue the proper skills to a new and emerging team
- Evangelize the data to the adjacent groups to drive adoption
- Bachelor's degree (business or technical major preferred)
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably with digital businesses.
- 3+ yrs experience developing managing multi-stage projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Management of multiple resources a must
- Experience with offshore resources a major plus
- Experience with data analytics systems (relational databases, dashboarding tools)
- Experience with big data platforms (Hadoop, AWS, Spark, NoSQL)
- Python coding or similar a must
- Networking background a definite plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13409
Back to top