Graphics Editor, Markets
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an experienced Graphics Editor to join its award-winning visuals team in New York. The editor will focus primarily on graphics related to Finance, which is a vital part of our coverage. The editor will also have opportunities to work on stories related to other coverage areas, including business, technology, U.S. and World news coverage. The editor will be responsible for working in teams to drive innovative storytelling with graphics, interactives and newsroom apps that are created for digital and print. The editor will collaborate with the broader newsroom to drive more visual and interactive storytelling and maintain high quality work on all platforms.
- The editor will be responsible for generating new ideas and creating visual stories with graphics, interactives and newsroom apps.
- The editor will be part of a growing focus on visual journalism at WSJ and will participate in ideas around new workflows and processes in a fast-paced and cross-platform newsroom.
- As well as creating visual stories, the editor will contribute to editing graphics.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a newsroom
- Experience with business news graphics, charting and other data visualization techniques
- Experience with data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for building stories for mobile devices
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Able to train reporters and editors to learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills
Applications should include portfolio links, a resume and cover letter.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Req ID: 14160
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Katharine B.Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharine supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top