The Wall Street Journal is seeking a Graphics Editor to join its award-winning visuals team in New York.This is a rare opportunity to work in a world-class newsroom to drive innovative storytelling with graphics, interactives and newsroom apps that are created for digital and print. The Editor will collaborate with the broader newsroom to drive more visual and interactive storytelling and maintain high quality work on all platforms. Coverage areas include global news stories, business and finance, technology and lifestyles. Our work is seen by millions of people every day around the world and we are committed to the growth of visual journalism; the new Editor would continue to expand our ambitious goals.
- Prior experience in a newsroom, with excellent news, storytelling and design judgement.
- Data is essential to our work, so the right candidate will have an interest in data journalism and have the ability to manipulate and query with Excel, SQL, R and Python.
- Expertise with responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Expertise with layout, typography, color and interaction design.
- Able to display data on maps using CartoDB, Mapbox or Leaflet is a plus.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Able to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29616
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top