Global Security Manager
The Global Security Manager is a versatile senior staff member on the Global Security Team who can manage all facets of global security, including conducting global investigations, coordinating special event security operations, facilitating implementation of physical security systems and operating in a global security operations center environment. It is envisioned that the Manager will have primary responsibility for developing and executing special event security plans for Dow Jones, and assisting with global investigations.
For special events, the Manager will develop and execute security operations plans with the goal of ensuring safe and secure events for all of those in attendance, working with conference personnel, contract security, venue managers, local police, fire and emergency management.
For global investigations, the Manager will work with security officers, Human Resources representatives, legal staff, law enforcement, and business line managers. The Manager may conduct interviews, gather evidence, write reports, and work with law enforcement to prosecute, and corporate human resources/legal to handle administratively, those responsible for losses sustained by the company.
The Manager may also provide assistance with physical security systems and global security operations, and provide a blend of technical expertise, staff leadership, and project management skills to help ensure the success of the department.
Areas of specific focus include:
- Utilizing a case management system to document and analyze security incidents throughout the company.
- Identifying control weaknesses through the investigative process, and recommending improved internal controls and process improvements to systems.
- Using forensic investigative tools to gather evidence.
- Evaluating the need for a formal investigation on all incidents reported to the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and Global Security.
- Managing investigative resources efficiently and effectively.
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to Global Security investigations and special events.
- Managing and investigating security related incidents and crimes committed against Dow Jones and News Corp nationally and globally in coordination with Legal Counsel, Human Resources, and/or other departments, as appropriate.
- Overseeing investigations where criminality is alleged and ensure the investigations are well documented and archived.
- Providing detailed, relevant and concise reporting, as well as actionable advice to senior leadership regarding security concerns.
- Preparing well-documented, comprehensive security operations plans for special events.
- Ensuring due diligence and budget analysis is conducted for special events.
- Possessing outstanding human relations and liaison skills for special event security events, with the ability to work with varied audiences.
- Assisting with the implementation of physical security systems and partnering with the GSOC, ensuring Dow Jones interests are represented.
The Global Security Manager will be a well-rounded security representative and may also lead project teams, develop comprehensive plans and participate on critical security planning initiatives, as well as participate on other emerging global security initiatives. Proven staff leadership skills, thorough documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to react in a timely manner are key requirements of the position.
- Excellent judgment and integrity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Business, Accounting or Law; advanced degree a plus.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive experience working in the security area, such as a corporate security manager or law enforcement officer.
- Minimum of three years staff management, supervisor or team lead experience. Experience should include developing, monitoring and mentoring junior staff/security officers, and developing staff training programs.
- Familiarity with investigative techniques, video and access control systems, case management software, and forensic evidence collection equipment and well as the elements of a well document event security operations plans.
- Willingness to be available as needed and travel on short notice, both domestically and internationally, with up to 50% travel for special event security.
- Understanding of security concepts, protocols, "industry best practices" and strategies. Experience working with law enforcement, and corporate legal, human resources, facilities, and other business departments.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Experience developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project teams, management and external stakeholders.
- Business experience, understanding of business drivers and the ability to translate business needs into workable project plans.
- Leadership, analytical, teamwork, organization and time management skills.
- Focus, energy, ability to meet commitments, willingness to take ownership of assigned projects, cases and special events.
- Exceptional organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and people while ensuring strategic focus is maintained in order to accomplish department goals and business objectives.
- High level of presentation and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with a wide audience range including law enforcement, fire and emergency management personnel, as well as business unit managers and senior executives.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and under pressure. Ability to meet deadlines without prompting.
- Understanding of how to build consensus.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29579
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Operations
Business Area GREF & SECURITY
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top