Financial Analyst, FP&A, Advertising
The FP&A group is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support our advertising business focusing on financial planning. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor revenue targets as well as departmental and product budgets and forecasts with a keen eye on achieving the overall company financial targets. Their analysis will support and drive Business Unit Leaders' and the Finance team's decisions and measurement of success.
- Core tasks
- Build out new and improve current revenue, KPI and margin analysis to understand business performance measured against targets, strategy and trends.
- Implement traffic, inventory and STR analysis partnering with business units.
- Assist in driving project work from end to end through data collection, model creation and key issue mitigation to support and drive strategic decisions within the business.
- Finance for finance
- Maintain the FP&A group's deadlines in order to deliver key consolidated reporting needs within the finance group and to our parent company.
- Consolidate and create monthly, quarterly and yearly financials results and forecasts into management level presentations with supporting analysis and understanding.
- Accurately forecast revenue, costs and impacts with supporting models and analysis.
- Become heavily involved in budgeting process to develop narratives and key schedules to support strategy and presentations to executive management.
- Drive process conversion from heavy use of detailed excels and big data toward sophisticated, yet simple data dashboards and reporting using various tools.
- Drive analysis from post-understanding to real time understanding of business performance.
- Leverage Salesforce to understand pipeline, sales cycle and win rate analysis.
- Business Partnering
- Build relationships and partner directly with a multitude of people with the Sales teams.
- Hold key relationships across various the business units and departments.
- Present to Senior Leadership and Executive Management.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Data Analytics or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Financial Analyst, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence role preferred.
- Soft Skills
- Experience in and/or passion for the news/media industry preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, good communication skills and is true a team player.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management.
- Hard Skills
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools, specifically Microsoft Excel and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of or experience with SQL, Python or other coding language a preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with DOMO, Datarama, Tableau or a related programs a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with PeopleSoft, TM1, Oracle or related programs a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with DFP, Operative.One, Programmatic exchanges or related systems a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top