Financial Analyst supporting multiple Operations Departments in Dow Jones reporting to the Senior Finance Manager. The position will help support the monthly forecast, annual budget, month-end process as well as provide ad hoc analysis for the businesses units and management where necessary.
This function will provide business partner support building strong relations and providing trusted insight, analysis and guidance to aid optimal business decision-making.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial results and forecasts are provided
- Provide actionable insights to management on risks and opportunities facing the departments
- Partner with Business to gain insights into expense drivers and business performance.
- Identify and address procedural problems/deficiencies impacting integrity and timeliness of financial information.
- Partner with FMA & Management Information Group for reporting and SOX compliance
- Provide financial results, forecasts and analyses to News Corp for quarterly and annual reports or as required.
- Challenge the business owners and provide options and scenarios to ensure financial commitments can be achieved.
- Work closely and collaborate with your other FP&A colleagues to share best practice as well as provide cover across the team.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive schedules to support the various groups. These should contain content and methodology as well as source of information and information dependencies.
Skills & Experience
- Strong accounting and analytical skills; Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- 2-3 years of related finance experience.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools required.
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative and drive and works well under pressure including being a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Experience in maintaining accounting records and preparation of financial reports
- Ability to recognize problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and define/suggest resolutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of business partners.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30351
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top