Location: This is a Work at Home position based in Florida
The Field Representative manages the distribution of News Corporation print publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s and the New York Post in a designated territory. The Field Representative holds direct responsibility for the management of contractor relationships to achieve successful subscriber delivery through local newspapers, independent delivery contractors and USPS offices. The Field Representative is also responsible for daily operation of transportation of products from printer to delivery contractors or wholesalers. This position requires the ability to work as part of a national team responsible for the delivery component of the supply chain ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively. Working with contractors, wholesalers and distributors.. Reports to the Circulation Manager.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolution of all delivery complaints, including special correspondence/CEAD/VIP/educational and all escalated priority complaints for their markets. Monitor daily complaint volume and track Complaint/1,000 (CPM) copies delivered by market.
- Provide CPM information for each market and working to meet national and individual CPM goals.
- Review hand insertion schedules and communicate with distributors and plants. Confirm completion and volume inserted within 48 hours of the insert date, update FAD web portal system accordingly.
- Maintaining sample percentage parameters
- Work with distributors on expanded coverage and mail lists conversions.
- Plastic bag ordering/shipping, tracking inventory to insure quantities to fulfill the needs for contractors where the company provides these supplies.
- Investigate and follow-up, daily, on all customer complaints with both the customers and the distributor within a designated area.
- Use standardized Circ. system list of information & file formats provided via the 3rd Party Delivery Table (FAD).
- Responsible to keep error labels at a minimum in markets where address labels are used.
- Update/keep current Zip Code & Redelivery Database information used by Advertising and Customer Service.
- Perform contractor evaluations with Circulation Manager as needed.
- Work with Production to update dispatch schedules with critical departure/arrival times per drop, dispatch order and efficient consolidation/planning to minimize the number of trucks used nightly.
- Ability to diagnose delivery problems quickly and work with contractors on remedies that provide sustained solution to specific issues raised by subscriber and/or DJ Circulation Management.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Able to work alone at night to complete assignments.
- Familiarity with computer software including Google, Word, and Excel.
- Must have valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle to visit distributors, audit carrier routes and spot-check delivery of print publications late-night / early AM.
- Position requires standing, bending and modest physical exertion to perform various duties.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are a must.
- Must understand newspaper delivery/distribution networks and models, operations and logistics.
- Must be results-oriented, able to think creatively, and self driven to achieve continuous improvement.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work in collaboration with immediate and cross functional peers both internally and externally.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28401
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Sales
Business Area OPERATIONS
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 Product & Operations
Back to top