Experiment Data Analyst / Statistician
To help plan and analyze experiments that will help shape the Dow Jones & Wall Street Journal subscription business model.
The candidate will be embedded in the Data Science and Data Analytics groups, and will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-impact insights from experiments and analyses.
This is an intermediate level role for someone who is motivated and is a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision to complete tasks and is able to work well with cross-functional stakeholders with varying degrees of understanding of statistics and data science.
We are interested in a candidate who has a strong interest in learning about online journalism and the digital advertising world. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work on high-impact business problems.
- Design of experiments including estimation of sizing of test and control groups to ensure statistical significance and data collection strategy.
- Statistical analysis of results of experiments (typically in logs provided in Google BigQuery)
- Writing analysis reports including findings and the impact on the business.
- Communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Facilitate broad cross-functional collaboration with clear communications and documentation.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced understanding of statistics, A/B Testing and experiment design.
- Programming experience working with large datasets.
- Experience communicating with non-technical teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with interdisciplinary groups.
- 2+ years work experience as a business-facing data analyst.
- Experience writing SQL/BigQuery queries.
- Experience on a high-level programming language such as R or Python
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28372
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top