Executive Director, Sales Training & Development
The Executive Director, Learning and Development is responsible for the strategic vision and tactical execution of a fully-integrated training and development program for the sales team across Dow Jones.
This individual will support, enhance and maintain our high performance culture by developing a holistic training strategy based on the thoughtful assessment, identification, and prioritization of training requirements. By aligning with key stakeholders, and implementing best-in-class learning and measurement practices, this function will show direct impact on our sales employees and enable revenue growth.
This position will oversee a team of L&D Managers and will report to the SVP, Sales Marketing, and will be based in New York, working closely with regional counterparts
- Partner with sales leaders to identify and consult on needs andformulate the enterprise-wide strategy for sales learning & development, aligned with the company culture and business strategy
- Create a learning & development platform that improves sales employee engagement, deepening capabilities while driving sales performance
- Establish strategy for use technologies and partners to enhance and scale the learning & development program as needed
- Oversee the sales training initiatives for a global sales team, including sales certification on Dow Jones' product suite, to ensure all team members are delivering on our value proposition and highlighting our core product offerings appropriately in market
- Create a sustainable management training curriculum including culture and compliance-oriented content as well as broader leadership development and skills based content
- Manage a comprehensive onboarding and orientation program for all new sales hires
- Provide L&D support when needed for sales conferences, off-sites, and other events
- Partner with key leaders and HR Business Partners to assess company-wide development needs to drive training initiatives
- Be a role model and representative of the Dow Jones' culture both internally and externally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of relevant experience of leading sales learning and development
- Experience supporting Sales and Marketing clients
- Demonstrated success in building a corporate learning and development strategy
- Able to lead a team of up to 5 learning & development practitioners
- Detailed knowledge of sales training tools and potential vendor partnerships
- Facilitation skills, with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience
- Strong project management skills: follow-through on goals, plans, and projects
- Willing and able to travel as needed
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29526
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top