This position is a unique opportunity for a talented and motivated candidate to work closely with Dow Jones' senior executives. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated. You should have strong communication skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information. You should be a creative problem solver, extremely well-organized, take ownership of the tasks at hand, calm under pressure, and capable of multi-tasking. You will also be someone who enjoys being a team player, and can handle many different types of people with tact and courtesy. Responsibilities: phones, scheduling, correspondence, extensive travel planning, and organizing work flow throughout the office.
- You've got a college degree. (preferred)
- You are a strategic thinker.
- Must be comfortable and confident to advise Executive leadership team.
- You've got a positive, problem solving attitude.
- You're a team-player with an outsized sense of fun.
- You've successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Here's the good stuff about us…
- This is a highly entrepreneurial environment in a global organization (employee base of over 5000 people across 100 locations)
- You'll make an impact. Dow Jones is not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We've got a big presence, but a small team.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. You wanna be where everyone knows your name. At Dow Jones you're not going to get lost among countless aisles of drones.
- We have fun!
- We encourage and support each other in creating new ideas by paying attention to the world out there, using our imagination, experimenting, and learning from success and failure.
- We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, and know that nothing here is above question.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29503
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area TRANSFORMATION
Job Area1 Mobile Development
Job Area2 Creative
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top