The Wall Street Journal is seeking an Executive Assistant for the Office of the Editor in Chief. This person will assist the Chief of Staff, Editor in Chief and members of the team in supporting the newsroom in its journalistic work. The Executive Assistant performs a number of administrative and clerical tasks, including scheduling, hosting newsroom visits, booking meetings and travel, expenses, and managing key documents and files.
- Schedule meetings and manage calendars.
- Answer phones.
- Sort and handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Plan meetings and send invites.
- Provide background research for scheduled meetings.
- Order supplies.
- Book travel.
- Work with caterers.
- Help prepare presentations. Handle presentation logistics, including room reservations, A/V equipment, physical handouts.
- Fulfill other requests as needed to support the mission of the group and newsroom.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in G-Suite products such as Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, as well as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency is preparing slides for presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven track record of being accountable for own agenda and working collaboratively with others to achieve broader goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Handles confidential information with care.
Position in hierarchy / reporting lines
- Reporting to: Chief of Staff
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11306
Back to top