Administrative AssistantCommitment: at least 2 yearsApplicant Skills
- Proven administrative experience
- College degree
- Strong research experience
- Copy editing and proofreading experience
- Knowledge of and interest in current events
- Familiar with WSJ Editorial Page a plus
- Very detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize jobs and work independently
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute with projects as needed
- Concur, Excel, PeopleSoft, proficiency in G-Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs & Sheets, etc.)
- Assist Business Manager with office administration projects
- Provide well curated research to assist Editorial writers and editors
- Copy editing/proof-reading of Letters to the Editor column and other content
- Assist editors with preparing and submitting expense reports
- Maintain office research and reference materials/subscriptions
- Assist Business Manager with new hire and intern onboarding
- Liaison with other departments - IT, Maintenance
- Assist Associate Editor with department internship programs and award submissions
- Schedule/assist with editorial board meetings
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EDITORIAL
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11661
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top