Engagement Marketing Manager
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
Director, Engagement Transformation
What are my accountabilities?
- To deliver outstanding performance in customer engagement that ultimately delivers increased customer lifetime value and profitability to the business.
- To manage the effective delivery of engagement marketing programs, customer campaigns and direct marketing execution to build strong ongoing relationships with WSJ Members.
- Allocate budget and effort across these categories based on strategic priorities and value to WSJ.
- To improve and optimize activation touchpoints and communication plans for customers from point of recruitment to end of trial period.
- To maintain and improve execution of engagement plans for customers in-life including owned, earned and paid campaign management.
- To constantly work to understand which behaviours deliver trial conversion, engagement, product adoption, advocacy and satisfaction and build strategies and experiences that incentivize and reward such behaviours.
- Be able to lead campaigns and working with our agency be responsible for the delivery of brand creative. Have a creative eye that can critique and create ideas for engaging campaigns.
- To ensure that cross-channel integrated campaigns are produced, prioritised and implemented effectively, working collaboratively with all teams within Sales and Marketing, so that customer engagement is optimised in quality and value terms.
- To have experience managing agency relationships and budgets to get the best out of the agency and tools available with an emphasis on social & retargeting.
- To have expert understanding of data and manage the reporting of KPI and other indices as per set criteria, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- To manage a budget sheet and be impeccable with finance planning & management.
What do you need from me?
- At least 5 years experience in a related field in marketing.
- Thorough understanding of Dow Jones' business strategy and organisation particularly around multichannel subscription
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments and revenue models.
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications, direct response and analysis programmes.
- Thorough understanding of best practice in retention management, testing and rollout strategies.
- Ability to communicate technical or data led information to commercial teams in an engaging and informative manner.
- Ability to translate customer lifecycle events into creative execution produced by internal and external agencies
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30006
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top