What do we do? Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones Customer Group: United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who will I report to? - Engagement Manager
Where am I based? - New York City, NY (travel to other sites as required)
Job Description :
The Associate supports the engagement team in developing and executing integrated campaigns grounded in data to designed to enhance customer engagement with our products. You will contribute towards overall business objectives and the future direction of Dow Jones entities, namely The Wall Street Journal.
- Assist Engagement Managers with the execution and implementation of campaigns by ensuring all deliverables are on track for completion according to deadlines, and creative is in adherence to campaign objectives and brand guidelines.
- Nurture contact with a variety of stakeholders, coordinating with teams across the business to move projects forward.
- Represent the customer: advocate for seamless customer journeys, champion the value of membership and arm yourself with key data insights to drive marketing strategy and communications.
- Be comfortable using data to target campaigns, measure success and optimize.
- Understand how to use the right channel, at the right time to deliver the right message.
- Exercise a thorough knowledge of the brand and an ability to balance team goals with overall company objectives.
- Manage the creation, production, and delivery of marketing materials. Work with internal departments and external agencies, draft creative briefs, provide creative feedback and manage approvals.
- Deliver improvements in subscriber activation and engagement. Manage the reporting of KPI and other indices as per set criteria, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- 1-2 years experience working in a marketing role. Media or publishing is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, journalism or communications.
- Experience in supporting campaigns that use a variety of marketing channels and communications methods.
- A passion for and understanding of The Wall Street Journal brand, customers, and products.
- A mindset that is data curious, data literate and digital first, with the ability to balance the need for art and science.
- The ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- First-rate communications and writing skills with the ability to present, as well as proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30303
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top