Employee Membership Officer (Diversity and Inclusion Leader)
Employee membership is the internal extension of and alignment of the business strategy centered around cultivating the philosophy of "membership" as core to what it means to be a Dow Jones employee. It encompasses cultivating and sustaining specific behavioral criteria for membership, ensuring a commensurate employee experience, as well as an overall culture within and across Dow Jones. Essential to the success of this role is the development a measurably and truly inclusive, equitable culture that catalyzes high engagement by all employee members and ensures a representative and diverse makeup of employee membership at all levels of the organization.
The Employee Membership Officer is responsible to implement Dow Jones' employee membership strategy.
- Support equitable standards in the recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of a highly diverse employee members.
- Lead an internal D&I workgroup and implement Member Advisory Groups (aka Employee Resource Groups), and work with the CEO in leading a new Member Diversity Council.
- Cultivate branding to promote diversity and inclusion to potential hires.
- Work with recruitment to expand our community outreach efforts.
- Professionally represent and articulate Dow Jones Employee membership philosophy and approach through the delivery of presentations, written and verbal communications, both internally and externally.
- Develop and incentivize shared norms and behaviors as shared and core characteristics of employee members.
- Manage the membership lifecycle and member experience by cultivating a strong sense of belonging, engagement and collaboration among members.
- Identifying member needs and track patterns of member experiences as part of a continuous improvement effort, including a focus on flexibility and wellness.
- Evaluate and assess industry best practices to ensure that The Dow Jones employee member experience is best in class.
- Engage and partner with Dow Jones executive leaders, business units, the compliance manager within the People team ,support and ongoing focus on the employee member experience and cultural development of the organization.
Success of this role will yield
- Successful implementation of an employee membership strategy to develop the culture and identity of Dow Jones and close specific gaps
- A measurably more diverse employee membership at all levels of the organization
- Equity and inclusiveness rules and principles embedded in key talent and business processes
- Enhanced attractiveness of Dow Jones as an employer across demographics
- Clearly defined and lived behavioral norms and standards among all employee members
- Measurably support the alignment of culture and transformation/innovation objectives of the organization
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree in related major, Master's degree preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing culture change initiatives
- Experience in and understanding of the media industry and environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize among multiple projects simultaneously, with strong attention to detail, in a faced-paced and changing environment
- Ability to enhance and improve on existing processes, systems and practices
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels and departments; both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to influence others to drive outcomes
- Proactive - shows initiative, anticipating needs and challenges
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30365
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Human Resources
Business Area HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top