Emerging Media Visuals Producer
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a talented motion graphics designer to join our team as an emerging media visuals producer. The journalist will create content for Snapchat Discover channel and work on social platforms. This person contributes to a team of editors and motion graphics designers producing news and features with a focus on visual storytelling and audience engagement. The New York-based role offers a chance to collaborate with reporters and editors across the global newsroom to bring our journalism to a new and growing audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong visual content for social platforms such as Snapchat Discover and Instagram, collaborating with reporters and editors across the newsroom
- Contribute fresh ideas for ways to bring core Journal stories to a new audience
- Work with audience engagement editors to develop engagement-first strategies for social platforms
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced skills in Adobe After Effects or Motion
- Illustration skills: by hand or computer-assisted
- Ability to translate complicated ideas into visual stories
- Deep understanding and fluency on social platforms like Snapchat and Instagram
- Highly organized and able to pivot between daily deadlines and longer-term projects
- Ability to be both a team player and at times a team leader
Please submit aresume and a brief cover letter with links to your portfolio or two to three projects that represent your work.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29727
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top