EMEA Payroll Specialist
EMEA Payroll Specialist – London
Where is it based?
The News Building, London Bridge, London, UK
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
- Co-ordination of payrolls in UK and other European locations with our outsourced provider – ADP Streamline
- Liaise with local payroll vendors to resolve any issues with the payroll
- Provide advice to employees and managers in relation to pay, taxation and national insurance/social security
- Prepare input & output for payroll sign off by EMEA Payroll manager
- Work with EMEA Payroll Manager to ensure timely filing of all statutory reporting requirements relating to quarterly and annually payroll related tax and social charges
- Work with outsourced providers ensuring all non-UK payroll tax filings and payments completed
- Arrange payment of wages ( where applicable), taxes and social securities via Citibank & JP Morgan websites, liaising with the Treasury team for funding
- Prepare base pay reconciliations for all payrolls under your responsibility in a timely manner
- Be responsible for the reconciliation of the payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Respond to queries from the Financial Accounting and Business Planning and Analysis teams
- Work with the accounting team to provide any payroll related schedules required for statutory audits.
- Assist with project work as and when it arises
- Pension administration
- Raising PO’s and goods receipting for payroll invoices
- Extensive experience working for a multinational organisation dealing with multiple currency payrolls
- Good knowledge of UK payroll tax framework
- Intermediate knowledge of excel
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent time management, communication and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work autonomously and get things done
- An eye for detail resulting in the necessary accuracy
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials is desirable
- Payroll qualification preferred
- Good communication skills
- Flexible in approach to work
- Languages capabilities (i.e. Italian) are desirable
- Keep up to date with current legislation
- Attend training courses where required
- In house training when required
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28733
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 People, Legal, Finance
Back to top