Electronic Technician - Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply
- Chicopee, MA
Electronic Technician (in manufacturing environment)
Military Veterans Encouraged!
Dow Jones & Company Inc., publisher of The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, is seeking a Senior Level Electro Mechanical Technician to join our Production - Technology Services group based in Chicopee, MA. This position will perform maintenance and repair of electronic and electromechanical systems used to print and package the newspaper. This is a overtime eligible position and encompasses a 35-hour work week, including nights, holidays and weekends.This job works 5:00 pm to 1:00 am and also cover weekends and holidays.
- Diagnose and execute all necessary electronic, electrical and mechanical repairs or upgrades to newspaper production and building equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment that requires electrical and/or mechanical upkeep.
- Identify and resolve problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools for systems, electromechanical equipment, software applications and data communications.
- Notify management and customers of systems and network troubles.
- Provide support for computers, servers, network data communications systems, custom applications and equipment.
- Assist with Plate Room pre-press operations as needed.
- Associate degree in an electrical/mechanical discipline, or equivalent military training, required.
- Experience in a production environment working with electronics and computer applications strongly desired.
- Prior practical work experience in the electrical/mechanical field.
- Experience reading schematics, operating test equipment and troubleshooting complex systems to component level are essential.
- Prior experience with DC to 480 VAC electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in troubleshooting situations. Problem-solving skills are essential.
- Knowledge and experience with desktop PCs, Servers and/or PLC software.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: IT Administration/Support Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19196
Back to top