Editorial Features Editor
The editorial features editor, aka the op-ed editor, is responsible for the newspaper’s signed opinion articles, which appear on the pages before and after the editorial/letters page and also online.
- Select the daily lineup of opinion stories.
- Commission, edit and prepare for publication the op-ed articles and columns.
- Review and make timely decisions on op-ed submissions sent to the newspaper
- Maintain relationships with regular contributors and develop relationships with new contributors..
- Commission timely op-eds from staff and outside contributors, especially those that advance the principles for which theeditorialpage stands.
- Supervise and mentor the staff of the opinion pages/
- Oversee the administration of the department, including payments to contributors.
- Oversee the daily production of the opinion pages, including social media.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29131
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area EDITORIAL
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top