Editorial Design Director, Barron’s and Dow Jones Media Group
Dow Jones Media Group is looking for an experienced designer and visual editor to oversee Barron's Magazine's digital and print visual presentation. We are looking for someone with a strong vision to introduce Barron's to a new audience. She or he would have the opportunity to redesign the print magazine and create experiences to elevate the rich reporting both in print and on the web. The ideal candidate has a keen visual instinct, deep digital experience, ability to brainstorm and communicate ideas effectively, excels on a deadline, and is always open to change, feedback and shifts in the news.
The right candidate will have experience creating modern magazine covers as well as digital presentations. She or he will have led a team of diverse visual, data and graphics talent in a global newsroom setting. Affinity for financial and investment topics is a must.
Additional requirements include:
- Proven ability to translate abstract topics into an engaging visual presentation in digital and print
- Experience producing content for a sophisticated audience
- At least 10 years working in design
- Minimum three years in a newsroom working with editorial staff and content
- Background in managing and hiring a team of design, graphics and other visual talent
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Deep connection to the visual media industry, including with photographers and illustrators
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- At ease working in a CMS, e.g., Wordpress
- Advanced data visualization and infographics skills, ability to make GIFs
- Interest in and understanding of financial world
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29577
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top