Editor, Custom Studios
At Dow Jones, our advertising clients and media partners turn to us for marketing strategies and communications support. The APAC Client Solutions team works alongside the APAC advertising sales team with the primary role of supporting the advertising sales team in the generation of ad revenue by: (1) adding media expertise and creative thinking to the multi-media proposal process, (2) providing the insights, data and presentation materials needed to convey a compelling, strategic sales message, and (3) identifying new revenue opportunities that answer client needs and enhance the value of Dow Jones and News Corp as business partners.
The Editor position requires skills that include creative thinking, concept development, writing and editorial excellence - all of which contribute to the delivery of successful content campaigns. We are looking for an experience and senior candidate to fill the following vacancy based in Hong Kong, supporting the Asia Pacific ad sales team (Japan, Korea, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong) and third party sales houses (Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Mongolia, Taiwan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Philiphines).
The editor will write, commission and edit a wide range of content that has sponsor involvement for Dow Jones brands, primarily The Wall Street Journal. This position is part of Dow Jones commercial operations; it is not part of the news team.
- Writing articles on a range of topics that mirror the content themes that are newsroom produce. These would include finance, business, technology, government focus, trade, travel and lifestyle. These articles need to be of high quality and engaging to an audience of well-read professionals. They will typically have sponsor involvement and must be produced in association with company guidelines;
- Commissioning and editing articles, as above. This will include finding experienced freelance journalists, negotiating payment, and editing their copy;
- Concepting and ideation of stories and campaigns ideas. This includes pitching and working directly with sales teams and clients on feedback and iteration, plus providing pro-active ideas to sell.
- Hosting live events or webcasts on selected topics. This will involve recruitment of panelists, hosting the event (which may be streamed live), and generating a follow-up article for print/online publication afterwards to a tight deadline;
- Production of leaflets or other ad-hoc publications through a mixture of writing and commissioning;
- Extension of ideas in to video storylines/storyboards and data led infographics which can tell clear and insightful visual narratives.
- Working with Dow Jones production team and vendors to ensure all content online and in print adhere to our high standards, including development of navigational copy in line with best practice digital and integrated user experience.
- Writing and editing social copy, eDMs and trade marketing content.
- Where appropriate, involve commissioning photography and video vendors.
- Leverage consumer insights from primary and secondary research, including audience behavior and competitive analysis, to develop the right strategy and content output
- Experience within a media or publishing environment is essential;
- A good general knowledge of the editorial themes that Dow Jones cover
- A deep knowledge of the Asia region, but also the ability to craft stories from Asia clients for an international audience.
- The ability to write accurately about complex topics in a way that engages and interests readers;
- Skills in commissioning and handling freelance journalists;
- Event moderation and webcast skills (further training may be given) including leading conversations, gathering and managing panel discussions
- An understanding of the print and online production processes;
- Experience of working with an advertising team would also be advantageous
- The ability to work with content sponsors.
- Ability to manage deadlines across multiple projects
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 12852
Back to top