Director of Research
Dow Jones seeks a director of research to lead a department specializing in impact investing, ESG analysis and purpose-driven performance objectives. The director will oversee a team of analysts creating proprietary research and ratings for wealth management and financial advisory firms seeking to engage with customers who want to incorporate their values into their investing decisions. The right candidate will be expert in building and maintaining ratings models, as well as establishing research standards. Candidates should have a solid understanding of digital technology for modeling and managing data, as well as customer integration and mobile B2B4C applications. Preference will be given to applicants with management experience, advanced degrees and relevant certifications.Key duties:
- Develop and maintain research and rating criteria, procedures and controls for accuracy, transparency and timeliness
- Lead development of research and rating models and supporting data architecture
- Attract, train and manage the performance of a team of analysts
- Leverage internal resources and information across divisions to gather unique, proprietary data for research and ratings
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations and management of companies, issuers and asset owners under coverage
- Promote research and ratings products at customer and prospect meetings, conferences, and advisor gatherings
- Keep abreast of related news flow to identify opportunities for special reports and updates as needed based on implications of news/industry developments
Required experience and skills :
- At least 10 years of experience in research and due diligence, including 3 or more years of management experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics/Math, Economics or related field of study
- Completion of one or more professional designation
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills, writing, client communications, and presentation delivery
- Ability to communicate clearly to internal and external audiences with varying levels of sophistication and knowledge about purpose-driven investing objectives
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13268
Back to top