Director of Engagement and Events, Office of the CEO
- Programming and/or coordination on external and significant internal events for the CEO, including serving as point of liaison for internal stakeholders with Office of the CEO (OCEO).
- Work with CEO, Chief of Staff, sales, marketing and other key teams across Dow Jones and News Corp to help shape and deliver the CEO's client and partner engagement strategy, targets and plan. Ensure clear coordination and communication across teams and timely identification of opportunities.
- Work with CEO, Chief of Staff, OCEO and other key colleagues across the business to ensure high quality, focused programming, planning and execution of the CEO's events for his key leadership and management teams.
- In depth experience in event strategy, event production across a wide range of events and leading/mentoring within a team
- Ability to create and execute briefs that reflect and align to broader business strategy and priorities
- Extremely detail oriented with a strong understanding and knowledge of brand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, combined with a strong level of personal integrity and influence
- Clear strategic thinker and planner
- Experience managing multiple large scale events simultaneously
- Self-motivated and proficient time manager
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to respond quickly
- Proactive problem-solver/troubleshooter
- BA/BS degree required
- 6+ years experience in event production, budget management and planning and executing large-scale, high-price/high-quality events.
- Candidate must be flexible with traveling to multiple events within a year.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 12006
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top