Director of Cybersecurity Research, WSJ Pro
WSJ Pro is a news, data and networking service powered by The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. As a premium membership service, it delivers world-leading proprietary market intelligence, breaking news and industry-networking globally to elite users in a high-touch environment. Its services provide members with the tools to be more successful. Our membership groups cover a spectrum of international business and economic verticals, including: Central Banking, Venture Capital, M&A, Financial Regulation, Private Equity, Energy, Frontier Markets and Bankruptcy.
The person in this role will develop Cybersecurity research content and serve as a thought leader on the topic for WSJ Pro Cybersecurity.
The objective of the role is to provide practical content and opinion beyond the reporting and analysis that will come from our cyber journalists. Through this work we expect this person to become a recognized expert in the field.
Other products and content delivery vehicles may be developed that will use his/her content. He/she may also be asked to contribute to other WSJ Pro verticals. Further products may also be developed by the Head of Research in the course of their work.
By managing Pro’s cybersecurity research, the candidate will work to develop strategies for winning subscribers, putting together events and finding ways to address subscriber requirements.
- Write a weekly column for the newsletter based on his experiences. At the top it will include his bio and a note to say he’s not part of the newsroom.
- Conduct training-style webinars on cybersecurity risks and best practices, presenting his own findings or discussing others’.
- Speak at events, both our own and third party, as an authority.
- Moderate panels, focusing on narrowly defined topics to differentiate them from work by the news team.
- Work on research projects resulting in published studies.
- Write white papers, case studies.
- Help develop data sets for Pro.
- Provide opinion on cyber trends, which would help differentiate his/her writing from that of the journalists. This would include talking with non-WSJ media as a thought leader/interviewee/for PR
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29075
Job Locations USA – CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Job Function ..
Business Area WSJ PRO
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top