Director of Conferences, Speaker & Audience Recruitment
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones & Co is seeking an experienced conference executive, based in Hong Kong, for our expanding global conference business. The qualified candidate will have extensive in-region conference or related experience and a deep understanding of regional business protocol. Working alongside a regional General Manager and Editor, and liaising closely with conference counterparts in EMEA and the US, the Director of Conferences, Speaker and Audience Recruitment will be responsible for confirming conference speakers and recruiting audiences for by invitation-only, editorially-driven Wall Street Journal conferences.
Who is my manager?
What are my accountabilities?
Speaker recruitment and follow up
- Compiling and submitting to edit lists of prospective speakers.
- Drafting invitations to speakers.
- Extending invitations to speakers which may include in-person, hand delivery to speakers’ offices.
- Following up with speakers’ offices to confirm receipt of invitation which may include in-person visits to speakers’ offices.
- Managing speakers’ confirms and all associated follow up details such as agenda and other onsite logistics related to speakers’ participation in conferences.
- Post event follow up and thank you’s to speakers and their staffs.
- Work with GM, Editor and US/EMEA colleagues to define and identify ideal audience which will include WSJ members as well as potential members.
- Develop recruitment plan to attract ideal audience.
- Where appropriate identify and introduce relevant partners and list sources to ensure we target and confirm the ideal audience.
- Oversee outreach and manage audience response.
What do you need from me?
The ideal candidate will have five years in-region conference or related experience. It is desired, but not required, that he/she is conversant in Japanese. Travel is required and will involve significant travel to and from speakers’ offices, venue site visits, other DJ office visits. Media experience is a plus. This is an extremely visible role and the Director will be instrumental in growing the Wall Street Journal’s Asia-based presence and will act as an ambassador as we seek to expand our global footprint. He / she will be conversant in local business protocol, and comfortable working with colleagues from around the globe and in different time zones. He / she will thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and will respond with a sense of urgency.
How do I apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please apply here or via our Career Site.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28715
Job Locations HKG – HONG KONG
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONFERENCES
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Back to top