The Dow Jones Events Management team will be responsible for:
- All events logistics and execution - for alltypes of events; conferences to brand events to dinners and beyond
- Audience development - outside of C-Suite
- End-to-end ownership of custom event delivery
- Sponsorship activation
The team consists of a group of internal event experts - covering all logistics, management, experience and audience needs. They partner with external suppliers and agencies to execute events and produce on site experiences to the highest degree.
The Director, Event Management will be responsible for the planning and execution of all elements required to ensure a highly profitable, customer-focused series of events in the US. This role will work with business partners to define and produce events and experiences along with related sales tools and sponsor kits/materials.
The Director, Event Management will supervise event staff during planning and on-site event execution and will work closely with other functions in the group. This role will direct and manage aspects of event and attendee logistics at the events. The directors level of responsibility will fluctuate according to the size and impact of the event.
- Act as the overall site manager at each assigned event, including direct supervision and direction of both Dow Jones staff and outside contractors
- Identifying, selecting and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Planning, managing and executing all logistical requirements for the events within budget
- Leading an on-site team to execute successful events
- Ensuring excellent client service with attendees and with sponsors
- Reporting pro-forma P&Ls for each event and reconciling billing issues
- Continuously improving the attendee experience for customers
- Contribute/Recommend on-going improvement for on site efforts for both attendee and sponsor experiences
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good attention to product detail and quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient time manager
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to respond quickly
- Pro-active problem-solver/troubleshooter
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years experience in marketing, forecasting, actualizing, budget management and planning and executing large-scale, high-price/high-quality events. Meeting Planner (CMP) credentials a plus.
- Candidate must also be flexible with traveling to multiple events within a year.
Requisition ID 2017-29719
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top