Director, Data Engineering
Director, Data Engineering
Reporting to the Head of Data Warehousing within the Customer Data group, this position will work closely with all groups within the Technology organization. Candidates for this role will need demonstrated experience in cloud-based technologies and data warehousing. A strong focus on data quality is also required for success in this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create a world-class data engineering function utilizing cloud-based technologies
- Provide architecture support – both cloud-based and on premise
- Follow an air-tight quality control process to the integrity of incoming and outgoing feeds
- Train and certify the team in AWS-based ETL programming
- Produce operational metrics to measure throughput and to build scale within a growing organization
- Identify opportunities to enhance targeting/segmentation capabilities.
- Manage current vendors and selection of new vendors
- Perform all data lake operations
- Strong coding experience necessary in SQL, Python or equivalent
- Experience managing off-site teams a must
- Management of 4 or more employees required
- ETL experience with traditional tools such as Data Stage or the equivalent needed
- AWS experience needed
- Quality Assurance orientation a definite must
- Detail Orientation
- Publishing industry experience desired
- Strong written and oral communications needed
- Knowledge of subscription marketing needed
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30404
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top