Director, Customer Intelligence
Customer Intelligence Director
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Mansion Global, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Customer Engine Team (Comprising Customer Intelligence, Data, Analytics, Service & Value)
The Customer Engine team is responsible for increasing Total Customer Value for Dow Jones through the delivery of engaging customer interactions and experiences across all products and channels. It is powered by high quality data, trusted insights, precise targeting, and exceptional delivery.
Customer Intelligence Director, PIB (Professional Information Business)
The PIB Customer Intelligence Director leads the PIB business unit in the Customer Intelligence team to define and deliver the key customer insights the Professional Information Businesses (PIB) need to drive and increase Total Customer Value.
Based in: London, UK
Reports to: VP, Customer Intelligence
- Build and lead PIB (Professional Information Business) Customer Intelligence team, comprising trusted Customer Intelligence and Insight professionals to work with the PIB business unit to identify and deliver the data-driven insights required to increase Total Customer Value.
- Advise PIB stakeholders on ways we can combine internal customer data, 3rd party customer data and independent research to improve commercial performance.
- Continually evolve and develop the capability and talent within the PIB Customer Intelligence team to optimise their potential contribution.
- Represent the voice of the customer at senior leadership level to ensure that insight is at the heart of decision making on a day to day basis. This means championing the customer, challenging any plans and initiatives that are not customer focused and proposing solutions that profitably meet customer needs / wants.
- Drive a culture of customer-led thinking across the business, through sharing relevant customer & market research to aid better decision making and action across all functions.
- Deliver impact by monitoring and maximising the value of projects where insight plays a significant role. Institute commercial evaluation of all projects at key stages and monitor and report the value outcomes of all projects.
- Deliver best in class quality research and insight methodologies by agreeing and prioritising a programme of research & insight to meet PIB business unit needs.
- Develop briefs to meet business and project needs, lead selection of partner research agencies on an ad hoc basis, and manage research agencies and projects to budget, working across the team.
- Develop, maintain and broaden internal and external network in order to keep up-to-date on best in class innovations, insight and delivery of experience and to translate evolving insight strategies and priorities.
- At least 5 years' of customer insight and market research experience in relevant fields (media, publishing, telco). Experience in the B2B space is an advantage.
- Demonstrative evidence of thorough understanding of a varied range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Prior and sustained experience of managing primary research projects end-to-end, from briefing to debriefing stage.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and story-telling skills and a sharp attention to detail.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30264
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top