Director, Business Development
The Dow Jones Partners and Alliances team forms partnerships to distribute our News, Alerts and Data and Knowledge & Insight Products through agreements with a worldwide network of accredited partners. The primary role of the Director, Business Development is to drive new revenue through new partnerships and by identifying opportunities with new buying centers, to manage a book of business and to grow the revenue from existing partner contracts.
To be successful you will both grow and retain business, ensuring the value propositions for Dow Jones solutions are clearly articulated and resonate well with the partners. Building strong and highly-engaged relationships will be a key requirement of this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve new sales through organic growth within existing partners and through new partnerships
- Retain all Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of partners, ensuring products and services suitably address their business needs
- Manage sales forecasts and pipelines ensuring clear reporting on forthcoming renewals, withdrawals / downsells, additional sales opportunities, plus associated revenue and timescales
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication and establishing strong relationships with all partners; ultimately ensuring loyalty through the quality of our solutions, quality of our relationships and the excellent level of responsiveness to their needs
- Manage all aspects of the renewal process in a timely and structured manner; including data collation and presenting a compelling business case
- Responsible for all areas of account management, including competitor analysis
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business on retention, renewal and growth strategies
- Communicate the solutions in place with partners to internal groups across Dow Jones
- Ensure new and existing partners comply with Dow Jones certification requirements
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records within the global CRM system providing timely management information
Required Experience and skills:
- Proven successful track record in a relationship management role supporting strategic solutions to major companies
- Demonstrable financial industry work experience and asset class knowledge is essential
- Firm experience in partnering and business development along with a proven track record of winning new business within the financial marketplace
- Strong results orientation to drive to achieve a retention and new business goal
- Excellent relationship building skills ensuring ongoing industry credibility
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the value proposition for the Dow Jones products
- Good planning skills and attention to detail to successfully plan and complete annual renewals and to develop and implement longer-term retention strategies
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28504
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area NEWS ALERTS & DATA
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 Sales
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top