Direct Account Manager (e)
Direct Account Manager, Professional Information Business (Based in Hong Kong)
Our Professional Information Business Sales team is seeking several Account Managers for Direct Sales. The role of the Account Manager, Direct Sales is to manage a “book of business” and prospect for new business. This means the AM is responsible for all aspects of the relationship with a defined set of customers.
The Account Manager – Direct Sales is responsible for managing all aspects of the relationship with a defined set of customers. The Account Manager – Direct Sales is responsible for retaining and growing the existing contract revenue (in existing buying centers) and will also initiate sales activity with new buying centers, either independently, or working with Sales Specialists and/or Senior Sales Executives. Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account understanding, clients’ businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the client’s current and developing needs. Responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of customer training and awareness. Must identify opportunities for increased revenue within the set of accounts (up-selling and possibly cross-selling) and work with other members of the sales team to follow through on such opportunities. Must maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the Company’s CRM.
Ideally, the Account Manager – Direct Sales has a strong understanding of the industries and businesses within the set of customers.
The Account Manager – Direct Sales will communicate with clients mainly through telephone and email.
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS : Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address prospects business needs
- RETENTION : Retain Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones products and services address customers’ business needs
- RELATIONSHIPS : Maintain good levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication with all customers, and build solid working relationships with each customer
- RENEWALS : Develop and execute a plan to manage all account renewals, initiating communication with the client at the right time and fulfilling contractual obligations for providing account information to the client
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT : Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account understanding, understanding clients’ businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the client’s current and developing needs
- ROLLOUT AND ADOPTION: Ensure appropriate levels of customer training and awareness are provided through your own means and partnering with the Account Development Team. 7. DEVELOP OPPORTUNITIES : Identify opportunities for increased revenue within the set of accounts (up-selling and possibly cross-selling), and where appropriate, engage with Sales Specialists to bring to close.
- TEAMWORK : Work on retention initiatives for selected customers with the extended sales team available
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE : Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client
- FORECASTING : Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure clear reporting of forthcoming renewals, additional sales opportunities, plus the associated revenue and timescales 11. MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION : Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system to provide timely management information.
- A PROVEN SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD in a new business development role that requires cold calling.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong time management skills , with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers , to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects, a persuasive business case is presented and a professional image always conveyed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face meetings to ensure smooth progression of opportunities through the sales cycle. This is a key requirement since larger deals are likely to involve multiple stakeholders (individuals and departments) from all levels of the business
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills to manage renewals from the AM’s set of customers to a successful conclusion
- A proven successful track record of success in selling business news and information to corporate clients.
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our career site.
Requisition ID 2015-27150
Job Locations HKG – HONG KONG
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Hidden (247836)
Job Area2 ..
Back to top