Digital Editor, WSJ. Magazine
WSJ. Magazine is currently seeking a digital editor to work closely with the digital director to launch and scale a digital-first iteration of the magazine.
WSJ. Magazine is a creative, collaborative and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will have editing and reporting experience, ability to work quickly on deadline and passion for pitching story ideas. An understanding of and interest in luxury lifestyle content, from fashion to travel, food to architecture is a major plus.
The ideal candidate will have experience successfully producing compelling digital content that attracts an audience and encourages engagement and subscription conversion.
- Write, pitch, assign, edit and package a broad range of original digital stories including relevant breaking news, conversation-starting pieces, fashion, beauty and design market items, and reported analytical features
- Work with the site director to create original, recurring digital franchises
- Liaise with internal magazine team to leverage print content for online
- Work with digital visuals editor to create and coordinate photography, pickup, illustrations, and video concepts etc.
- Coordinate content publication across platforms
- 3+ years of reporting and editing experience for an online audience
- Experience growing a digital audience across multiple platforms
- Strong editorial judgment about content, accuracy, tone and organization
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Superb organizational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 12146
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top