DevOps Engineer Sr
Position is for DevOps Engineer to work in Shared Technology Services (STS). STS supports different business units within Dow Jones, which includes Consumer, Commerce, Professional Information Business and Enterprise.
Position will work alongside other DevOps engineers and help create a framework for deployment and management in Amazon cloud. Candidate will help in creating automation framework around continuous integration and continuous delivery. Candidate will help designing and developing automation for cloud infrastructure setup as well as supporting operations for existing cloud implementations.
List all primary responsibilities/accountabilities:
- Solving a problem with a software development mindset
- Candidate works on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications
- Work on building automated build pipeline, continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Develops automation using Shell scripting, Python, Linux, Windows, Docker, Chef and other DevOps utilities. Development in HashiCorp toolset (Vagrant, Vault) is a plus.
- Works on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using tools like New Relic, Splunk, OpsGenie and Cloud tools like AWS monitoring suite
- Responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud platforms
- Knowledgeable in CI servers & tools including Jenkins, Chef, Artifactory, Terraform and Docker
- Responsible for building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing gaps
- Works on troubleshooting application integration issues with Dev, QA and, or other DevOps teams
- Get requirements and facilitates infrastructure changes like fw rules, DNS and load balancers
- Understand best practices for code promotion across the various environments. (builds, approvals, release) – strong SDLC background in Agile/Iterative practices
- Ensure that code quality tools are run on all software prior to release
List any special skills or tools required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Should have at least 7-10 years of hands-on experience supporting large, complex and multi-team development environments
- Possesses a solid understanding of modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, HTTP, and complex cloud network and security topologies
- Hands on experience with administering Linux and Windows systems
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Chef, Artifactory etc.
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python, Ruby, Chef, BASH, etc
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53, S3, Cloudformation etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases required and experience with Dynamo Db a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and management tools that integrate with AW
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Willingness to learn and build new tools from scratch
- Software programming experience with any of these languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, or Java)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28725
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top