Dev Ops Engineer
- Solving a problem with a software development mindset
- Candidate works on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications
- Work on building automated build pipeline, continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Develops automation using Shell scripting, Linux, Docker, Chef, Ruby. Development in HashiCorp toolset (Vagrant, Vault) is a plus.
- Works on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using tools like New Relic, Splunk, OpsGenie and Cloud tools like AWS monitoring suite
- Responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud platforms
- Knowledgeable in CI servers & tools including Jenkins, Chef, Artifactory, Terraform and Docker
- Responsible for building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing gaps
- Works on troubleshooting application integration issues with Dev, QA and, or other Dev Ops teams
- Get requirements and facilitates infrastructure changes like fw rules, DNS and load balancers
- Understand best practices for code promotion across the various environments. (builds, approvals, release) – strong SDLC background in Agile/Iterative practices
- Ensure that code quality tools are run on all software prior to release. (slint, lint, etc)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28535
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top