Desktop Systems Engineer Sr
As a member of Shared Technology Services, you will play a key role in the delivery of high quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalized service.
The Executive Support Analyst provides second line technical support for Windows and Apple client platforms for all Dow Jones Executives – this includes mobile devices as deployed by Dow Jones.
Provide home support to the Executive Team within the SLA's set.
The role will work closely with other technical teams to ensure Dow Jones achieves the best technical support and solutions to ensure that all appropriate SLA's & OLA's are achieved and exceeded wherever possible.
Covers all Service Desk contacts to:
- Record and where possible, resolve customer queries using various diagnostic tools and inter-personal skills.
- Record, and where possible, fulfil service requests.
- Own and progress incidents and requests with other Technology teams, on the customer's behalf.
- Manage high impact incidents affecting the technology systems and environments.
- Provide the highest levels of customer support and satisfaction in-line with the Dow Jones policy and procedures.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Service Desk to provide second line technical support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved swiftly and effectively in line with operational level agreements and service level agreements. Ensure outstanding calls are regularly updated to reflect the current status.
- To ensure that Operational Level Agreement and Service Level Agreement levels are adhered to at all times.
- To work using own initiative and work within a team environment.
- To maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards to technology, in particular security policies and company standards.
- The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the company's business plans and organization, including key users of technology and their needs.
- Document actions, alterations and procedures to ensure an accurate and accessible record of the current state of the system.
- Assist other members of the team when appropriate to complete tasks in the necessary timescale.
- Keep abreast of trends in technology and its application to understand current best practice, possible alternative solutions and to support problem solving.
- Manage own time to fulfil tasks efficiently, in the correct priority and to the required level of quality, within the context of the objectives supplied by manager.
- Communicate the progress of investigations and planned solutions to customers, managing their level of expectation and increasing their understanding of Dow Jones desktop technology.
- Liaise with colleagues, utilizing their expertise to solve more complex problems or pass on responsibility to the appropriate team. Continuously look for improvement within Support.
- Ensure technology supports meets the customer requirements as defined in the Service Level Agreements.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience relevant to the job either essential or desired:
- An excellent customer service manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Formal education preferably. Desirable qualification in a technical discipline, demonstrating skills in the understanding, investigation, analysis and presentation of complex information.
- Desirable to hold ITIL qualification V3 Foundation level.
- Desirable to hold Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Specialist or equivalent technical certification.
- Desirable to have previous experience of working with RemedyForce and JIRA or another relevant Service Management tool.
- Experience working with Active Directory, Google Mail, MS Office, Windows and Mac environments, and have a good understanding of networks.
- Extensive experience with Blackberry, Android, iOS and their related OS environments.
- 2 years' experience in a Service Desk / Help Desk environment is desirable.
- Strong Team Player, excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, self motivated / drive, Flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications, both within Technology and the business.
Unusual Challenges/Circumstances: (e.g. a lot of travel, long or unusual hours of work, cover for others at short notice):
- Must be willing to work unsociable hours on occasion and be prepared.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28873
Job Locations USA - NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top